Experienced internal and external communicator in complex global, intellectual property, science, legal and military environments, with a Master’s in Integrated Marketing Communications and a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Director, Internal Communications, Thomson Reuters, Philadelphia, P.A., 2012-present
Leads the internal communications functions which provides strategic partnership for executives of the Intellectual Property & Science business, focusing on internal communications with 4,000+ employees in 90 locations, 27 countries, speaking 20 language.
- Transformed role from a tactical support position to a trusted strategic partnership with CFO, CTO, CMO and the managing directors for the Science and Intellectual Property businesses. In just 3 months, achieved double-digit growth in employee survey responses to: Communications from my leaders are open and honest (95%), and I have enough opportunities to share ideas and provide feedback (~85%).
- Launched several company innovation initiatives, including 3 World Café events with more than 650+ employees; an online idea-sharing community (100 ideas generated), and corporate-wide internal challenge-driven innovation challenges.
- Led Communications supporting the Annual Sales Meeting, including executive listening sessions resulting in 250+ face-to-face and written conversations; used intranet to bring meeting to non-sales colleagues with 80+ blogs and videos posted from 20+ bloggers, with 110+ interactions and 3,500+ views – in just 72 hours.
- Created a comprehensive communications strategy to unify communications with our Sales force that reduced noise by 80% and improved channel effectiveness by 20 fold.
- Partnered with Information Security team to develop a communications plan that increased the number of security certified technologists from less than 50 to more than 700 in two days.
- Integrated approach to time tracking lead to a significant decline in delinquent time tracking practices among technologists. In three months, outstanding time cards dropped from 800+ to less than 75 allowing for improved labor capitalization and financial planning.
- Advocated for community involvement as the leader of the employee volunteer group. In two years, orchestrated 50+ events that raised $35,000+ for the Philadelphia community. Encouraged volunteerism, resulting in 1,500+ volunteer 1,500 hours logged by employees, tripling the previous year’s hours.
Public Affairs Officer, Air Force Reserve, Charleston, S.C., 2007-present
Lead 150 combat visual communicators in worldwide operations for the Air Force’s largest combat documentary unit.
- Launched a private social media group for Reservists in 8 states to share knowledge, answer questions, and create a sense of community. Praised for saving hours of prep time and defining performance standards.
- Leadership resulted in 17 Department of Defense photography awards earned by eight Airmen, including the 1st and 2nd place Military Photographer of the Year in 2012.
- Tracked Afghanistan deployment medals for a Special Operations team that had been lost for two years, resulted in five medals for a four-person team, including two Bronze Stars.
Communications Manager, Motley Rice LLC, Charleston, S.C., 2010-2012
Manage team of seven, responsible for communications strategies, online and traditional marketing content, media relations and advisor to partners of a large international plaintiffs law firm.
- Garnered WSJ and BBC coverage for BP oil spill clients–catalyst of changes to compensation fund protocol, increasing transparency & compensation for clients. Awarded first place in the 2012 Legal Marketing Association Your Honor Awards for Media Relations.
- Increased web traffic by 500 percent in eight months. Unique monthly visitors went from 10,000 to 60,000 as a result of new organic SEO, PPCs, social media, and web video tactics.
News & Marketing Director, KGOS/KERM Radio, Torrington, Wyo., 2009
Developed news & online marketing initiatives for rural radio station.
- Increased advertising revenue by 45 percent by creating a local news program & award-winning website.
- Created first Facebook business page in the community, resulting in improved awareness; became go-to source for emergency announcements & breaking news.
Broadcast Journalist, Air Force, Germany, South Korea, Pentagon & Iraq, 1997-2007
Held increasingly responsible positions at six military television stations around the world, including news director and lead reporter for American Forces Network.
- Award-winning broadcaster–recognized twice among best broadcasters in the Air Force.
- Quadrupled story exposure, became model station for six affiliates after revising distribution process in South Korea.
- Increased broadcast message distribution in Iraq by 66 percent, out-producing all military reporters in Iraq.
Want to learn more? Check out my visual resume
Prezi includes photos and videos, please allow time for loading.