Experienced internal and external communicator in complex global, technology, sales, intellectual property, science, legal and military environments, with a Master’s in Integrated Marketing Communications and a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Director, Internal Communications, Thomson Reuters, San Francisco | Philadelphia | London | Washington D.C., 2012-present
Leads the internal communications functions which provides strategic partnership for executives of the Intellectual Property & Science business, focusing on internal communications with 4,000+ employees in 90 locations, 27 countries, speaking 20 language.
Developed & implemented communications to support the new business strategy. Doubled in-person executive event attendance & improved message penetration with 125 different touch points. Average employee attended 3+ executive events in 2014.
Improved engagement & drove cultural change – enabled senior leaders & managers to be advocates of change. Led to a seven-point increase in engagement survey metrics.
Visualizing data in new ways – created quarterly infographic highlighting financial results and accomplishments. Adopted at the corporate level and serves as a flagship example for new enterprise strategy.
Revenue focused – comprehensive communications strategy unified communications to Sales. Reduced noise by 80% and improved channel effectiveness 20 fold.
Technology enabler – improved online customer security with a communications plan that increased security certified technologists from <50 to 700+ in 48 hours. Improved labor capitalization and financial planning with an integrated approach to time tracking. Lead to significant decline in delinquent time tracking practices – outstanding time cards dropped from 800+ to <75 in 90 days.
- See additional accomplishments at Thomson Reuters.
Public Affairs Officer, Air Force Reserve, Charleston, S.C., 2007-present
Lead 150 combat visual communicators in worldwide operations for the Air Force’s largest combat documentary unit.
Created new squadron organizational structure to address severe senior manager (SNCO) shortage, alignment allowed for short-term and long-term mission readiness.
• Developed training plan and material for Documentation under Fire training – 40 Airmen trained and mission ready.
• Outstanding leadership resulted in media awards for six Airmen, including 1st in the Department of Defense in the video documentary category.
- Launched a private social media group for Reservists in 8 states to share knowledge, answer questions, and create a sense of community. Praised for saving hours of prep time and defining performance standards.
- Tracked Afghanistan deployment medals for a Special Operations team that had been lost for two years, resulted in five medals for a four-person team, including two Bronze Stars.
Communications Manager, Motley Rice LLC, Charleston, S.C., 2010-2012
Manage team of seven, responsible for communications strategies, online and traditional marketing content, media relations and advisor to partners of a large international plaintiffs law firm.
- Garnered WSJ and BBC coverage for BP oil spill clients–catalyst of changes to compensation fund protocol, increasing transparency & compensation for clients. Awarded first place in the 2012 Legal Marketing Association Your Honor Awards for Media Relations.
- Increased web traffic by 500 percent in eight months. Unique monthly visitors went from 10,000 to 60,000 as a result of new organic SEO, PPCs, social media, and web video tactics.
News & Marketing Director, KGOS/KERM Radio, Torrington, Wyo., 2009
Developed news & online marketing initiatives for rural radio station.
- Increased advertising revenue by 45 percent by creating a local news program & award-winning website.
- Created first Facebook business page in the community, resulting in improved awareness; became go-to source for emergency announcements & breaking news.
Broadcast Journalist, Air Force, Germany, South Korea, Pentagon & Iraq, 1997-2007
Held increasingly responsible positions at six military television stations around the world, including news director and lead reporter for American Forces Network.
- Award-winning broadcaster–recognized twice among best broadcasters in the Air Force. See examples.
- Quadrupled story exposure, became model station for six affiliates after revising distribution process in South Korea.
- Increased broadcast message distribution in Iraq by 66 percent, out-producing all military reporters in Iraq.